A neuro-rehabilitation center is a doctor-supervised program for patients with nerve system illnesses, traumas, or problems. Neurological rehabilitation typically improves function, relieves symptoms, and improves a patient’s overall well-being.
A doctor’s prescription or order can refer any patient with a neurological condition to rehabilitation. Among the symptoms that may necessitate a neuro-rehabilitation center are:
- twitching muscles and abnormal muscle tone.
- Walking difficulties.
- Difficulties with daily activities such as eating, dressing, bathing, and toileting.
- Difficulties swallowing.
- Having difficulty speaking, impaired thinking, memory, problem-solving, or eye-hand coordination, impaired vision or coordination.
What medical conditions can benefit from neurological rehabilitation?
Various conditions can impair the nervous system, such as injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, structural defects, and circulation problems. Neuro rehabilitation centre.
- Meningitis, polio, encephalitis, and brain abscesses are examples of infections.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries are examples of trauma.
Details of the process of neurological rehabilitation
Neurological rehabilitation is an active participative procedure including a dynamic interaction between the individual with neurological impairments and the health practitioners on the team.
Acknowledging the amount of time and effort necessary to attain consented performance objectives and trying to establish a template for interaction among all attendees is necessary to accomplish an optimal balance in terms of the perceived effort (both from the patient’s and therapist’s perspectives), attention and motivation maintenance, and expectation of and gratification with rehabilitation.
- A neurological rehab program is tailored to your exact needs based on your ailment or disease. The active participation of you and your family is critical to the program’s success.
- The objective of neuro rehabilitation centre is to help you regain the best degree of function and independence possible while also enhancing your entire quality of life – physically, emotionally, and socially.
Neurological rehab programmes may contain the following components to assist in achieving these objectives:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) like eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, writing, cooking, and basic housework are among the assistance offered.
- In addition to helping with speaking, reading, and writing, speech therapy can help with swallowing as well.
- Management of stress, anxiety, and sadness
- Retraining of the bladder and bowels
- Mobility (movement), muscular control, gait (walking), and balancing activities
What are the treatments provided?
While a patient’s primary care medical team remains in place, the rehabilitation team delivers extra treatments and therapies. The rehabilitation team is made up of highly experienced specialists that are committed to meeting the requirements of each patient.
Following an examination, the best-suited treatment plan for each patient is devised. Some of the following team members may be involved in the neuro-rehabilitation center in Bangalore.
Doctors that specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation are known as physiatrists. Neuropsychologists see patients who have cognitive and/or behavioral problems as a result of brain damage, stroke, or other diseases.
They also deal with individuals who require assistance adjusting to changes in their abilities. They may advise cognitive therapy, stress management strategies, or other therapies.
Hopefully, the advantages of the neuro-rehabilitation center in Bangalore therapy will exceed the inconvenience of the physical movement to the institution.
The choice to seek such therapy should ideally be made collaboratively by the patient, the patient’s friends and family, and the attending doctor or another mental health practitioner.
The advantage of an inpatient or residential treatment is that the patient’s surroundings will be subject to a great level of oversight by clinic personnel during the period spent in residence.
According to a study conducted by experts at Boston University, an inpatient interdisciplinary approach at a neuro-rehabilitation center can be useful for a wide spectrum of neurological diseases, ranging from difficulties such as addiction to degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s disease.