Learning is a life-long process and one is very lucky if he or she gets a chance to attain it. IT hardly matters how far you go in the matter of education and learning but it is very important that how far you apply those learnings in life. Students have a habit of going to their schools and colleges on a regular basis and on the basis of hard work and efforts they gain their certificate and degrees but now the scenario is changing. Earlier students used to use online learning when they were compelled due to any situation but after the pandemic Covid-19 hit the world, the whole education system got shattered and students were seeing that their future was getting bleak then they opted for online learning and online courses. Online courses emerged as a boon to the students who used to leave the chance to attain education due to compulsions. Online learning is so much supporting to the students that schools are also supporting by providing tools like LMS and students enjoy LMS advantages. LMS advantages make students eager to use online learning. Due to online courses and learning students are aware of many terms which they were not aware of earlier like ERP full form. Today if anyone asks about it then they can open their education app and tell everything about the term “ERP full form”. So, let’s understand some reasons why students are opting for online courses:
- The most important benefit of online courses is that if you are a responsible person who runs a family and an employee who works for 6-9 hrs to earn livelihood, still want to earn knowledge then online courses are perfectly designed for you. People who are professional and still want to enroll in any course then they can enroll in online courses with their flexibility when they have some free time. Hence flexibility of time is the best aspect of online courses.
- If being a student you live in a remote area where educational, transportation and other facilities are very hard then online courses are angels for you. It is so because those students or people who want to learn but they live in remote areas, they have to walk several kilometres to reach any institution and through online courses they don’t have to go anywhere and even in busy schedules students can learn through online courses.
- Sometimes people want to learn new courses but due to their own wish or due to compulsion they are not able to leave their jobs as their jobs are their only source of livelihood. Online courses offer such a flexibility that institutional courses don’t. The one who wishes to, can work on his job and can attend the classes, lectures and also can watch recorded lectures at night that too with all his desired comforts like snacks, coffee sitting in his/her comfortable chair, sofa or bed wherever it seems comfortable to him/her.
- When students take admission in offline classes on campus of college then they have to attend the classes at a fixed time and schedules are not compromised at any cost. But just opposite to this phenomenon in online courses students don’t have to panic due to such strict rules, in fact students can attend the classes according to their convenience and if due to fever, cough or heavy rainfall students are not able to attend the class then they can watch the lectures in recorded form to complete their course.
- In earlier times classes used to be teacher centred and the class used to run according to the teachers but in online courses classes run-on student-centred concepts where from curriculum to everything according to the comfort of the student. Teacher focuses on each and every student and students are able to ask their queries and get their solutions very comfortably. Students are also able to share their point of view on any topic with the tutor and get explanations also.
- An online learner who chooses online courses to learn gets many benefits like he is not limited to a book only and gets access to unlimited resources to get knowledge on any of the topics that too without any hesitation. He/she learns from his/her own comfort zone and gets a chance to meet and learn from intelligent, well qualified and learned scholars from all over the world.
Leave a Reply